Monday, July 30, 2007

Dining Umbrella

Jenni was in town on Saturday. So Dave and the kids and I took the train in to Copenhagen to meet her. It started to rain as our train was pulling into the station. We wandered around the train station for a while, hoping it would pass. It didn't. So we bought a couple of umbrellas (because of course we left all of ours at home.) Literally, as soon as we had bought the umbrellas the rain stopped and the sun came out.

We walked the few blocks to Jenni's hotel. From there we walked down to the pedestrian shopping street, in search of an early dinner. We ended up at Mama Rosa's. Lilli fell asleep in the stroller. Mama Rosa's is a combination of pizza place and mexican restaurant (that seems to be a common combination over here.) It was pretty good. Well, it wasn't awful. The pizza was better than the mexican food. Lilli slept all through dinner. Dave and Tipton had pizzas. Jenni had a steak. I had fajitas (next time I'll get the pizza.) We sat outside to eat. After we had placed our order, we got up and moved to another (more sheltered) table. Shortly after we got our food it started raining. Hard. Blowing rain. I was getting wet. So was my food. So I grabbed an umbrella out of the bottom of the stroller and ate dinner under my umbrella. And this seemed normal. I seem to be adapting. Perhaps I've been over here a little too long?

No comments: