Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Bubble Swords and Baby Stars

Last month I got some bubble swords for the kids to play with. I stuck them in the bottom of my closet and promptly forgot them. But being stuck at home, toilet training Lilli, I've been looking for ways to entertain the kids. And I found the bubble swords!

Tipton thought they were really cool. And he was really excited. But you can't tell from these pictures - he seems to be channeling "Goth Boy." Black t-shirt with a skull on it, dark grey sweat pants, black socks, black shoes. Or maybe he was just really focused on making bubbles.





Lilli, on the other hand, is little miss sunshine. When she's not screaming about something, that is. Here she's trying to get the bubblesword/wand back into the 'scabbard' with the "bubble juice."

She had trouble with that, so she decided that it was much more fun to run around and stab all the bubbles that Tipton was so seriously making.

When she tired of that, she poured all the "bubble juice" out of her scabard and threw everything down.



"Lilli, what happened?" I ask
"It's broken!" she replies, innocently.


After the bubble fun ended, we decided to empty the water out of the sandbox. This was no easy task. It took about 20 minutes of all three of us bailing water. Afterwards I carried Lilli straight into the tub to hose her down. She also required an outfit change. Look at those blue eyes! She looks so serious...

But this is how she usually looks!

Lilli was awfully quiet while I was making dinner. She had decided that her baby doll needed a few accessories.

Still plodding away on the Grow With Me tank top. Hopefully Lilli will catch on to the potty training thing tomorrow, because I need to go to the yarn shop - I'm almost out of the main color!

No comments: