Thursday, July 12, 2007

Pirates and Piggy Toes

Just some random stuff:

The other night I painted Lilli's "piggy toes." She is very proud of her pink piggies.

Lilli is becoming such a big girl. She is a good mommy to her babies and she has really caught on to the whole "pee in the potty" thing (although she hasn't quite grasped "poo in the potty"). Lilli didn't have any pee accidents today! This morning she stayed dry through two trips to the post office (one to mail some packages and one to pick up a package. It's a long, frustrating story.) She stayed dry through her very long (3 hour!) nap. (But you had better believe that I had her in a pull-up, just in case.) Then she stayed dry through a trip to the grocery store! And this afternoon/evening she would come up to me and say "Potty, Mama. Potty!" So I would take her to the potty and she'd sit and I'd read her a book and she'd pee! After dinner tonight she came to me and said "Potty, Mama. Potty!" and she wanted to pee in the big potty, like Tipton. Literally, like Tipton, standing up. She didn't seem too upset when I explained that she was a girl and would have to SIT on the potty. I put her up there and she went pee! Then about 10 minutes after I'd put her to bed she came out of her room and said it again, "Potty, Mama. Potty!" So I sat her on the potty and she went pee!" Then about 20 minutes later she came out again, and went pee again!! I have created a pee monster.


In non-toilet related happenings, we did some arts & crafts today. Tipton made a card for his best friend in North Carolina, CJ. He wanted to use stamps.
So of course then Lilli wanted to use stamps. I thought I was being clever when I gave her the self inking stamps. So that she wouldn't go crazy with an ink pad. I think the blue really brings out her eyes, don't you?
When she realized that she had ink all over her hands and she had to get down and wash her hands. I took the opportunity to put away her stamps and give her some stickers. Everyone was much happier.



Every now and then I look at Tipton and think: Where did my little boy go? Who is this Big Kid?



The package that we picked up (on our second trip to the post office) was from Grandma Suzie. She had all sorts of little treasures for Lilli. A pink "boa", two little dolls and a plastic elephant. What more could a little girl want?


It's Lilli, the Super Glam Pirate!




And her brother, Tipton, The Super Gangsta Pirate!

This afternoon when we got home from the store I asked Tipton if he could please put the toilet paper in the bathroom and he said "Sure! A good pirate can do anything!"

I love my kids.

No comments: