Saturday, December 09, 2006

November 6, 2006

My first day 'solo.' Lilli slept through the night and woke up around 7:30!!! Woo-hoo! I woke Tipton up around 8:45. Our first adventure of the day was figuring out the parking meter. Dave had said that it would take coins and credit cards. I tried my credit card but it wasn't working. I stopped someone and asked them what the machine was saying (because of course it's in swedish) and they said that it wouldn't take the credit card. D'oh! Our next adventure was to find Ikea. I was a little off on our location and we almost ended up off the map. I discovered another shopping center, though (if I can ever find my way back there again.) After pulling over twice to check the map we found Ikea! Got what we needed there. Let Tipton play in the kids area for 1/2 an hour, then headed home for lunch. Lilli napped in the car while I was trying to find Ikea, so she wouldn't take a nap after lunch. We watched a movie, then walekd over to the grocery store. The wind was so strong that it kept knocking Lilli over. Very funny. (I would catch her, of course.) Dave got home early because he wanted to get me a SIM card/swedish number for my cell phone. I made nuggets and fries for the kids and "swedish salsa chicken" for me and Dave. (Had to tweak the recipe a bit...ended up using cream of asparagus soup, milk, white cheddar and salsa for the sauce. The sauce was pretty good but the rice was strange - the texture was off. I'll have to try different rice... After dinner we played and wrestled with the kids.. Then we colored/finger painted to calm down. Had Lilli in bed by 8:00. Tipton took longer to go to bed. He kept saying he was hungry and thirsty. Dave and I went to bed at 11:00. It took us a while to fall asleep. I guess we're all still getting used to the time change. Then Tipton had to pee. Then Lilli was "restless" so Dave kept getting up to check on her. And she woke up and wanted me. Grrrrrrrrrr. Finally got back to sleep a little after 1:00am zzzzzzzzzzz

Day 4 things I've learned:
1) The parking meter won't take my credit card, but I'm not sure why
2) I can drop Tipton at the play area at Ikea and then do my shopping! They won't take Lilli, though, because she's not old enough (have to be at least three.)
3) My exact location on the map
4) Uncle Ben's rice has a very strange texture - very un-rice-like.
5) Cheddar cheese in Sweden is pretty good - when you can find it. You have to peel the rind of off it!

Still haven't found apple sauce, canned/jarred fruit or seedless grapes.

No comments: