Tuesday, December 12, 2006

November 20, 2006

Tipton's first day of school! I was very nervous, but Tipton seemed fine. I was able to find the school and find parking with no problem. The classroom I was less sure about... But there were several helpful teachers around and we found it. I stayed for a few minutes - helped Tipton into his 'inside' shoes and waited until some of the other kids arrived. I left when Tipon went into the other room to play. He didn't seem at all nervous or scared. He just wanted to play with the legos! Lilli and I spent the morning grocery shopping, then came home. I baked a chocolate cake to celebrate Tipton's first day of school. Then we left to go get Tipton. he was happy to see me and Lilli. He had a good day. He likes school. I met the mommy of one of the girls in his class, Samantha. Samantha speaks fluent english and is very excited to have someone to talk to. She is the same age as Tipton, in fact her birthday is April 13th (same as Lilli's!) We got McD's for lunch (more celbrating his first day.) I made lasagna for dinner (for me and Dave) and frech toast for Tipton and Lilli.

Day 18 : Things I've Learned
1) How to get to Tipton's classroom
2) It takes about 15-20 minutes to drive to Tipton's school from the apartment.
3) The cake mixes are smaller/less than I'm used to, but if I make them with milk instead of water and add an egg and butter - they taste pretty good. Also, I springled powedered sure on it because I didn't have any frosting (couldn't find any in the store).
4) The lasagna I made is yummy! Dave had seconds. He said it was teh first thing I've made over here that "tasted right."
5) I seem to be missing a page of the instructions for the felted slippers that I'm making for Tipton. Grrrrrr...

No comments: