Sunday, December 10, 2006

November 10, 2006

The kids and I drove down to the main library. We played at the big playground next to the library. Then we went to the library and found where the english books are, and where the english books are for kids. Also found out what we need to borrow books (a swedish ID # or a passport.) Then we went back to the playground. Then home for lunch. Lilli fell asleep in the car on the way home, and slept for over 2 1/2 hours! We went to the grocery store after she woke up and it was VERY crowded! I was all prepared when I walked in, but quickly abandoned my list and just started grabbing random stuff. It was a madhouse! I guess the thing to do on Friday afternoons, around 4:30, is to take off work early and go grocery shopping!! I made frozen pizza for dinner. (We sure do seem to be eating that a lot...) Both kids ate well. Tipton ate good all day - he's an eating machine! Must be hitting a growth spurt. Even with the chaos of the grocery store, the afternoon/evening was much less stressful than yesterday! We were all in bed by 10:00.

Day 8: Things I've Learned
1) Where the english books are in the main library. And where to park for the library.
2) To never go to teh grocery store late on a Friday afternoon.
3) What mozzerella cheese is called in Swedish: riven ost
4) Jasmin rice tastes more like the rice that we're used to. So from now on I'll be buying only jasmin rice.

No comments: