Monday, December 11, 2006

November 14, 2006

The morning started off rough. The kids were both whiney all morning, and I was feeling very homesick/cut off from the world. And I sat down on the couch and cried for about 10 minutes. But the kids were great - instead of being freaked out by it, they tried to cheer me up.

Then we went to Toys R Us. It was a treat for the kids and a chance to let them run through a toy store that I was (somewhat) familiar with. I followed along behind them and wrote down the things that they were interested in. I have no idea how we're going to do Christmas. I have no clue what we will do - will we spend it here alone? Or will we fly to VA? Anyway, then we came home for lunch and to give Lilli time for a short nap. We left at 1:30 to drive to Soderkulla to meet with the director. The meeting went well. On Thursday I take Tipton to meet with some sort of nurse. And if all goes well, he will start school on Monday! Tipton got to see his classroom (the students and teachers had already gone home.) There will only be 5 other kids in his class. From there we went to Coop Forum. I bought a laundry basket (among other things) Then home. Made beef tacos for dinner, and the spicey refried beans that I'd gotten at Gray's the other day. Very good!

Day 12: Things I've Learned
1) How to get to TRY - valuable info for cold, wet days (of which there are many here)
2) That Tipton will start school on MONDAY 8:15-11:15. he need sto bring a snack (preferably fruit) and "inside shoes."
3) Fajita seasoning is good in pretty much everything. It sure livened up beef tacos!

No comments: