Tuesday, December 12, 2006

November 17, 2006

Laundry Day - Part 2
Had a much bette experience with the laundry today. Our time was 8-12. I was abl eto get everythign (that we needed) washed, and about 1/2 of it dried. Only 2 of the 3 washers were working. And only 1 of the 2 tumble dryers was working.I figured out how to use the 2 drying cabinets. And I hung up clothes on the clothesline in the room at the end of the hall. The kids were really good while I was doing laundry. Pretty much they watched videos for four hours. But I was able to leave them in the apartment while I ran upstairs to change the laundry. However, the afternoon did not go as well as I had planned.. I had wanted to laod the kids into the stroller and walk to the library (figuring Lilli would fall asleep on the way there and I would be able o check my email.) But we couldn't go because it was raining, hard. If it was just a light mist I would have gone. But it was just too long a distance to walk in that hard of a rain. (Dave had the car.) So we stayed home and I was grumpy. The evening was better. Dave brought Martin home for dinner. (Martin is a coworker who used to live in RTP but now lives in Atlanta and was working in Sweden this week.) I made spaghetti and meatballs. Got some really good rolls from the grocery store. The guy were late getting home (predictable) but we had a pleasant evening. Martin is thinking about moving to Sweden for 18 months. As soon as we get internet access he is going to give my email address to his wife.

Day 15: Things I've Learned
1) I CAN do laundry here without breaking down and crying!
2) How to use the drying cabinets.

No comments: