Wednesday, August 27, 2008

North Carolina - Part 2

Our last day in North Carolina...

The kids and I went to the Durham Museum of Life and Science with Milli and Niall.

Tipton was very excited to see all of the crystals and gems (a lingering effect of his obsession with Crash Bandicoot...)

I don't remember what Lilli was looking at, but I love the expression on her face!

Lilli's favorite books are the Fancy Nancy books, including Bonjour Butterfly. So Lilli was thrilled to get to go to the butterfly house!

We went straight to the kids' doctor appoinments after the museum. Tipton's hearing was checked and I now know for certain that he is just ignoring me when I ask him to clean his room - his hearing is fine. Both kids are doing well. Tipton had grown an inch and a half since his last checkup in November!! (And I strongly believe that it all happened the first week of July.) The doctor did not recommend taking any sort of drastic measures to curb Lilli of her thumb sucking. So for now we are hoping that she will stop on her own. (I am hoping that going to school five days a week will keep her hands so busy that she doesn't have time to suck her thumb. I am also counting on good old peer pressure to do it's job.)

After the doctor visit we headed over to the Killmeyer's for dinner. The kids had a great time palying together. Tipton hung out with Mark and they discussed pokemon. Mark recently had a Pokemon themed birthday party - Tipton was soooo impressed/jealous of all of Marks cards. Lilli hung out with Leanne and Karen. They did all sorts of 'girlie' things that Lilli never gets to do with Tipton. It was a schoolnight for the Killmeyer kids, so after dinner they had baths. Lilli wanted one, too. At one point Chris yelled downstairs "Jenn, if Lilli isn't the next kid in the tub we're going to have a big problem!" So of course she got to have a bath, too. And as usual, I forgot to take pictures until we were ready to walk out the door. So once again I have a picture of the Killmeyer kids in their pajamas!

Mark, Tipton, Karen, Lilli and Leanne.

Me and Amy - I promised myself I'd actually get pictures of MY friends on this trip, too!


The next morning we packed the van and headed back for VA. Towards the end of the drive the kids were getting kind or restless. Lilli decided to entertain us all with a puppet show... using her socks as puppets.

Tipton may look sweet and innocent, but we had to separate the van seats because he kept poking her.


It was a really quick trip to North Carolina. Sadly, we weren't able to see all of our friends. I would say that next time we will plan better, but I had it all planned out to begin with. Sometimes things just happen - life (and broken arms) get in the way!

No comments: