Friday, August 29, 2008

Hi-Jacked!

The Tuesday before we left we 'borrowed' our nephew, Jack, for the day. Kay and I stopped by Jack's daycare and picked him up after Tipton's ortho appointment. We brought him home and Jack, Lilli and Tipton played upstairs while I fixed lunch.

After lunch Dave setup the elephant pool on the deck. Tipton's ortho doc and given me this stretch/meshy tape that we were able to use around the top of the xerosox sleeve. It worked! So Tipton could play in the pool without worrying about getting his cast wet!



Jack and Lilli ran around the deck for a bit before getting into the pool.




Unfortunately, Jack tripped. He hit the deck face first. I scooped him right up and saw that he had a split lip. I asked him "Do you know the best thing for a split lip?" He shook his head No. I said "Popsicles!" and his eyes lit up and he gave me a very brave smile.



We got out the bubbles again. This time Lilli had her swimsuit on, so I was able to get pictures of her with bubbles stuck all over.



I think Jack was having a good time.


When the kids were done with the pool we went inside to dry off. Jack had spilled juice on his shirt at lunch, so we let him wear one of Tipton's old sleeveless shirts. Jack loved it! He was very excited that his shoulders "poked out" of his shirt. The kids played upstairs for a bit longer. I read to them from one of the Nick, Jr magazines that Tipton and Lilli get. We went through and did all the little activities - find the differences pictures, mazes, etc.

Then it was time to go to the movies. I made some popcorn and packed some juice boxes in a tote bag. We loaded the kids into the car and headed for the theater. It was Jack's first time at a movie theater. We saw Wall-E. My kids really liked it. Jack liked it at first, but I think he was getting tired.

All three kids fell asleep in the car on the way to take Jack home.

Jack is such a good kid, it was nice to be able to give him a special day!

No comments: