Thursday, January 18, 2007

What a great week...

It's cold and dreary and raining - and this has been the best week!

Monday Tipton's school extended it's hours, so he now goes from 8:15 to 12:00. It is amazing what I can get done in that extra 45 minutes. Also, Tipton is now supposed to take a sandwich in his snack, in addition to fruit, since they are spending more time at school. So with a little experimentation, Tipton will now eat two kinds of sandwiches: Cheese with butter and cream cheese with jelly. Almost doubling the number of foods Tipton will eat.

Tuesday at Tipton's Little Gym class I was recommended for a playdate. The mother of one of the girls in his class said that the mother of one of the boys in her daughter's class at school was wondering if she could have my name and info so that we could get the boys together to play!

Wednesday at Lilli's Little Gym class I made a 'date' with her gym instructor, Lina. Lina is going to meet me at Anita's (a yarn shop) on Monday morning. She is going to translate for me - she knows the owner, and the owner doesn't speak much english. Hooray! A translator! Also, the mother of one of the girls in Tipton's school class called and set up a playdate for this Friday. Also, I got a phone call from the president of the American Woman's Club. I am now a member - just need to pay my dues for the year. I can't wait to go to my first meeting/event!

Thurday, today: Lilli and I went for a walk/stroll this morning (before it started to rain.) We walked down to the yarn shop, just to see how long it would take to get there (not long, only about 25 mintues.) Also, I got a box from my friends, the SuperMommies! Inside were books (for me and the kids - in English!), construction paper, fritos and oreos, yarn and knitting patterns (among other things.) It was sooooooo nice to get a box from home!

And tomorrow, well, tomorrow will be good to. After Tipton's school we're going over to his friend's house to play for a little while. Which means I'll actually get to be around another adult that speaks english!

What a great week.

No comments: