Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Snow Day

It snowed! It finally snowed! I am sure I will regret saying that, wishing for snow. But for now it is still new and exciting - for me and the kids. We went out to get in the car Monday morning and it was starting to snow. Tipton was SOOOOOOOOO excited! He has been asking me when it will snow for the past two months. By the time I got back from taking Tipton to school there was at least an inch on the ground. Lilli and I played in the snow in the front yard. It was her first snow! She liked to stomp around in it and try to catch snowflakes with her tongue. After lunch, while Lilli was napping, Tipton and I went out into the backyard and played in the snow. I am amazed that we did not wake up Lilli. I showed Tipton how to make a snow angel. Then we had a snowball fight. Then we made a little snowman - we put it up in Tipton's window. Then more snowball fights. We were outside for at least two hours. And Lilli slept the entire time! I'm glad that I got to spend individual time with the kids in the snow. It was a good day.

No comments: