Thursday, January 25, 2007

Knitting and Stuff

1. At a friend's requestI have created a new blog, for my knitting.

2. Dave drove to work today, in his "new" car! It is a Nissan Micra. I will get a picture of Dave with his new car this weekend and post it to our flickr page.

3. I have discovered how to put links into my blog. Most every other blog I've looked at has links. I've always wanted to be able to put links in my blog but never took the time to figure out how to do it, until today. I think it's totally cool.

4. I made a new cookie today. Banana Oatmeal. They are okay. They'd be better if they weren't so dry. Think I need to add a little more oil/butter/shortening. The recipe calls for shortening, but I have yet to find that over here so I used butter. And I don't think I used enough. All this to say that I made a new cookie. I am trying to get the kiddos to eat better. So I am trying to make healthier snacks, etc for them. I got this recipe out of a cookbook called Feed Me I'm Yours. This is the third recipe I've made from this book. The first recipe was called Bacon and Egg Cookies. I liked them, but nobody else did. The second recipe was called Cereal Bars. Tipton did not like them, but every body else did. In fact, Dave liked them so much that he's asked me to make some for him to take in to work. I think these Banana Oatmeal cookies might be good if I broke them up in a bowl, put them in the microwave for a few seconds and poured milk over them. I might try that for breakfast tomorrow... Tipton has requested that I make the Bite of Apple Cookies recipe next. Might try that this evening.

5. Tipton read his fifth book today! He is getting really good at reading. He is wonderful at sounding out words. Today I remembered that there was another CD with phonics games on it. So after we finished our phonics lesson Tipton played phonics games on the computer.

No comments: