Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Paddle Boats and Pizza

The day after our jaunt around Copenhagen we decided to hang a little closer to home.

We spent the morning/afternoon walking around downtown Malmo. We did our own little version of the Malmo Canal Tour, in paddle boats. We took two paddle boats - a Boys boat

and a Girls boat.
Tipton wanted to race, but the guys were no match for Girl Power!

That evening we drove to Lund. We showed Elvira and Keith the cathedral:

It's much bigger in real life. Ha ha. No, seriously, this is a really cool little wooden replication, inside the church. I'm not nearly as talented a photographer as Elvira, so this is the only picture I took inside the church that actually came out. Here's a shot of Elvira and Keith outside the cathedral:

After the cathedral we walked down to our favorite pizza place. Didn't take any pictures there, but ate some really good pizza!

After dinner we walked along the pedestrian mall. I saw this in one of the windows:


which may not seem like anything really exciting, but as a kid we had a dog named Snigelfritz. Our dog was named after slug repellent??
We really enjoyed Keith and Elvira's visit. I miss my friends. I am really enjoying living in Sweden, but I miss my friends. It's funny - you really find out who your good/best friends really are when you move away. They are the ones who keep in touch. And some of them even spend their one week of vacation to come and visit!

No comments: