Thursday, September 27, 2007

Just Another Saturday Morning

Dave and I take turns "sleeping in" on the weekends. One of us will get up with the kiddos while the other gets to sleep in. (Unless "the other one" is me, and then I only get to sleep as long as Lilli will let me, as she always seems to wander into the bedroom and wake me up after just 20 or 30 minutes of my "sleeping in"...)

But I digress.

One Saturday morning the kids decided it would be fun to run up and down the hall, screaming. Being the good and dutiful and loving wife that I am, and knowing that Daddy was TRYING to sleep, I made the ultimate sacrifice and pulled out the big guns: Playdoh.

We have lots of playdoh and lots of playdoh "accessories." But we don't play with it very often. So it's always like bringing out a new toy. Why don't we play with it very often?

What? You've noticed the rotten bananas on the table? Yes, they are just about perfect for making banana bread...

See that pile of playdoh in Lilli's chair? She doens't realize it's there. Nor do the kids realize that most of the playdoh is now on the floor under the table and chairs and that it will be vacuumed up as soon as they are done playing - never to be seen again.

Playdoh. So magical, so mysterious. So Messy. But it kept the kiddos happy and relatively quiet for over an hour. And the massive, intense cleanup afterward? A small price to pay so that my beloved husband can get a little extra sleep.

No comments: