Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Who Is This Child?



Today was Tipton's first day of Kindergarten.

He is in a new school, Bladin's.

He already knows several of the kids in his class (through Little Gym and one that came with him from Soderkulla.)


Tipton had no trouble starting in a new school today. He was already on the other side of the room, playing, when I looked around to tell him goodbye. I was not all sad and weepy. My little boy starting Kindergarten didn't make me long for his babyhood years. (I get all sad and weepy when I look at him and all of a sudden I can see what he'll look like ten years from now - then I want and miss my Little Boy.) Lilli was the weepy one. As we were leaving the building she held her arms outstretched and cried "Tipton!" All the way around the building to the front where we'd parked our bike, she cried and cried for Tipton.


He eats lunch at school - a school provided lunch.

Today the school lunch menu was: Spaghetti with carbonara sauce.

Now, Tipton will not eat spaghetti at home. He will not eat any sort of "sauce" at home.

Not only did Tipton eat "almost all" of his spaghetti, he also ate- C A R R O T S!

I'm still reeling. He has gone over to Aaron's house to play for the afternoon.

So it's just me and Lilli. I may have to put on a video for her and lie down a bit.

No comments: