Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!


Valentine's Day is not as big (read: commercial) as it is in the US. And that is just fine. But I was raised to think of it as a special holiday. And I am one of those moms who wants each holiday to be special for my children. And so I tend to go a little overboard.

This year I made conversation heart fudge. I wrapped the pieces of fudge individually with plastic wrap. And the kids helped me to make home made playdoug that we dyed red and cut into heart shapes. We put the hearts into ziplock bags. Then I made up treat bags for all the kids in Tipton's kindergarden class, and for Lilli's teachers at daycare. They each got a piece of fude, a handfull of conversation hearts, a mini tootsie pop, a valentine pencil, a playdough heart, a heart tatoo and a valentine sticker. Like I said, I tend to go a little overboard. But the kids love it, and I like doing it.

Oh, and Dave and I gave the kiddos little teddy bears. They are really soft. Tipton's is dark brown and has a red shirt that says "PUSS" and "KRAM" on it, which translates to "KISS" and "HUGS". Lilli's bear is a lighter brown and has a pink shirt with a red heart on it. She's holding it in the photo above. She takes the little bear EVERYWHERE and is constantly hugging and kissing it and saying "My favorite!"

No comments: