Monday, February 11, 2008

Back in the Land of the Living

Of all the Swedish things we've done and seen since moving here, and I must say that the Winter Vomiting Sickness has been the least enjoyable. In fact, it was just plain awful. "Winter Vomiting Sickness" does not even begin to describe it. And for your sake, I won't try to describe it either. Just know that I would never wish it upon my worst enemy.

This past week has been a blur of videos and trips to the bathroom and laundry and tiny sips of water and bites of toast and applesauce and yogurt. On Tuesday it looked like Lilli was getting better. Then Wednesday morning Tipton and I "got" it. Tipton ended up staying home from school the rest of the week. Lilli never made it in to school at all. I only left the house to get the mail.

Saturday was better. Dave took Tipton to Judo. We met the Scotts at the children's symphony that afternoon, then we all went out to dinner. (At a really good chinese restaurant! Must go back there when food becomes enjoyable again.) I still wasn't 100%, but it was nice to get out of the house.

Yesterday (Sunday) was much better. Dave to Tipton to ice skating, then came back and picked up me and Lilli. We went down towards the harbor and met Sam, Selena and Aaron at a playground. Really cool playground. Had three giant slides that the boys went down and a smaller slide (the trunk of an elephant, really) for Lilli to go down. We played there for about an hour and a half, then walked a few blocks to a pizza place for lunch. After lunch the Scotts went home and we made a mad dash through ICA Maxi for some much needed groceries. Lilli and Dave took naps, Tipton played with Legos and I cleaned the kitchen and made banana bread.

Tipton went to school today. Lilli stayed home - her new schedule has her going to school Tuesday and Thursday this week. Around 10:00 Sam and Helene came over, and we started Swedish lessons!! Helene is teaching Sam and I. It is very nice to have a private tutor - we can go at our own pace, and she is very flexible. Lilli behaved very well. I put on a video for her when they arrived. When her videow as over I gave her some paper and stickers. When she tired of that she sat in my lap and drew pictures.

The Swedish lesson went very well. I am very much looking forward to our next lesson, which will be on Thursday!

No comments: