Thursday, April 19, 2007

What did Lilli get for her birthday? Anitbiotics!

My baby is two years old. How did that happen? When did that happen? Where is that sweet smelling little bundle that I brought home from the hospital?

Poor Lilli, though, she did not have a very happy birthday. She'd woken up Monday night with a fever and coughing. I called the doctor first thing Tuesday morning. The first appointment they had was Wednesday at 9:45. (I cannot tell you how much I miss the US medical system - never thought I would say that...) So I take her on Wednesday and the doctor prescribes something for the pain/fever and something for the cough. He said that if she's not better by Friday, to call and he will phone in a prescription for antibiotics. The cough medicine knocks her out. She spent most of Thursday asleep. Friday morning comes and she is no better, in fact her fever and cough are getting worse, she hasn't eaten anything all week and isn't drinking much. I call the doctor and he prescribes the antibiotic. Poor little thing - just what every little girl wants for her birthday - antibiotics. She was too sick to go to Little Gym. She didn't even want to eat her birthday cupcake that night at dinner.

Dave and I gave her a sandbox for her birthday. It's shaped like a boat. And the lid has roads and 'channels' and a bridges that you can roll cars/boats around on. Tipton gave her some sand toys. She was too sick to play in her new sandbox.

No comments: