Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sleepless Nights

We had a very long night last night. Tipton was up at 11:30 because he needed to pee. Then Lilli woke up around 1:30, screaming. I went in and got her out of the crib and rocked her for a bit. Then when she'd fallen back asleep I put her back into the crib. About 10 minutes later she'd wake up again, screaming. After the second time, D got up with her. He did the same thing I did. With the same results. The next time, I changed her diaper and offered her some water. She did not want the water. So I put her back into the crib. I laid her down and told her it was time to sleep. She screamed. I left and closed the door. After about 5-10 minutes she calmed/quieted down. Then about 10 minutes later she started screaming again. I waited about 10 minutes, then went back in and offered her some more water. Again she did not want it. I laid her back down and told her it was time to sleep. She screamed. I left the room and closed the door. (Are you seeing a pattern here?) At one point she started calling out for "Daddy! Daddy!" I'd had enough. It was around 4:30 in the morning now. I gave her a dose of motrin and made her drink a few sips of water (all without ever taking her out of the crib.) Then I laid her down in the crib and told her it was time to sleep. She cried and whimpered for another 20 minutes or so. Then my alarm went off. Lilli woke up, screaming, at 7:00.

All I can think of is that she is "adjusting" to daycare. So much stimulation (after only having me and Tipton for company.) I guess her brain just won't 'shut down' to let her sleep. I don't know. But I hope it stops soon. I got more sleep when she was a newborn.

No comments: