Friday, March 16, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me


Wednesday was my birthday. And it was a great day! Tipton did not want to go to school, because he wanted to stay home with me and go to my birthday party. I promised him that we weren't going to have my party until Daddy got home, and that he (Tipton) could help me with the cake after school. Lilli and I made the cake batter and cooked 2 of the three rounds for the cake while Tipton was at school. We got McDs on the way to pick Tipton up from school. I baked the third round while we ate lunch. After lunch I put Lilli down for a nap and Tipton helped me make the cream cheese frosting and frost the cake. Mmmmmm - carrot cake (with carrots, pineapple, chopped walnuts and coconut) with cream cheese frosting. Yum! I made crab cakes and french fries for dinner. Then we had birthday cake! Tipton put the candles on and Lilli supervised the lighting of the candles. I put on the birthday balloon hat that (Aunt) Jenni had made for me and blew out the candles. Dave had come home early and brought me red roses and chocolate (although he didn't need to get me anything because he had already taken me out for a nice dinner last week while Aunt Jenni was here to watch the kids.) The day was wonderful. Beautiful sunshine and lots of hugs and giggles from my kiddos. I couldn't ask for more!

No comments: