Sunday, June 14, 2009

Saying Goodbye

Our good friends, the Scotts, recently moved back to the US. We had them over one last time for a cookout the night before they left. I made their favorite cake - chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting. To make it a little more festive I decorated it with sugars to make it look like the Swedish flag.


We managed to get all four kids sitting on the couch and looking more or less in the same direction. Aaron, Tipton, Lilli & Selena.



Aaron Scott has been Tiptons best friend. They have a love/hate relationship. They either get along really, really well - or they don't get along at all. On this day they got along beautifully. Of course, they had to have a silly picture...


So Lilli & Selena wanted a silly picture, too.


My friend, Sam. My best friend over here in Sweden. If not for her I never would have gone anywhere or done anything. She got me out of the house. We would walk everywhere together. We'd walk downtown and just go exploring. She introduced me to the nectar known as chai lattes. She was my courage. I miss her.


But although she is not here in Sweden with me, she is still my best friend. God bless the internet!

No comments: