Friday, November 14, 2008

Monday, Monday

2:21am. That's what time the kids woke up. Ugh. Dave got up with the kids so that I could "sleep in." Lilli climbed into bed with me around 3:00 and put her little ice block feet against my bare leg. That was pretty much the end of my 'sleeping in.'

We have a really nice set up here at Grama Kay and Papa's house. We have the second floor (the loft) all to ourselves. There are two bedrooms. Dave and I are in one bedroom and the kids are in the other. They've got bunk beds. We also have a full bathroom, and a large area that has become the playroom. There is also a TV with a dvd player and a recliner chair. This playroom area has been a godsend. When the kids wake up in the wee hours of the morning they can play without waking up Grama and Papa. When they become too loud we can put on a dvd for them to watch. It also keeps the toys on one location (which means that I am not constantly picking up toys so that they don't get stepped on/tripped over by the grandparents.)

We went to Foster's for lunch. Mmmmmm - great big American hamburgers (aka "gut bomb".) And they have the best fries, too.

That afternoon Kay and Lilli and I went to the grocery store. American grocery stores. Where you actually have selection. And junk food. We tried not to go too crazy. We got the kids a few new dvds to watch. And Lilli picked out a sticker book. We picked out a Star Wars activity book for Tipton. It came with a light saber pen. That has been the biggest hit. He takes the book and pen with him everywhere we go.

For dinner I made chicken nuggets. We didn't have potato chips so I just used bread crumbs. Not as good without the potato chips. Again, halfway through dinner the kids were asking if they could go to bed. I think we were able to keep them awake until almost 6:30.

No comments: