Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Run for Cancer

Last Friday the children at Bladins participated in a Run for Cancer to raise money and awareness. They ran/walked laps around a nearby track for an hour. Alltogether the students, teachers and parents did over 2600 laps, covering over 1000 kilometers.


Tipton alternately ran and walked. He thinks the did somewhere between 8 and 11 laps.


The preschool teachers decided that the preschool kids would only walk 2 laps, then they could play/rest. Lilli lasted about half a lap before she started complaining. Now, to be fair, she had been running up and down the track for at least half an hour before the official start. So she had already put in her time, so to speak. Anyway, rather than listen to her while for the next lap and a half I had her climb onto my back. After we'd gone a little while Lilli said "Mommy, I want to run!" So I asked her "You want to get down and run?" To which she said "No." So then I said "You want me to run with you on my back?" And she said "Yes!" So then I said "Not gonna happen. I will carry you on my back, but I will not run and carry you on my back. If you want to run, you need to get down and run." She didn't want to run that badly. We finished our two laps, then stepped to the side to take a break. When there was about 10 minutes left, Lilli decided that she wanted to do more laps. She started off running, with me running beside her. That lasted for about 1/4 of a lap. She finished the next 1 3/4 laps riding on my back.


It was a beautiful day and lots of money was raised.

No comments: