Sunday, March 30, 2008

8 Hour Chicken Pox

In continuing along our disease-infested path, Tipton had a double ear infection and a red, itchy rash this past Monday. Got him in to the doctor on Tuesday and he was prescribed another round of antibiotics. This time, however, they've given him something different - and it seems to be working. So, now Tipton is on the mend. But heaven forbid both of the children be healthy at the same time! Lilli had been "off" all week - not really eating, sleeping A LOT, etc. I attributed it to the three molars she's cutting. No. Thursday night I checked on Lilli and she was burning up. Her temp was 103.4. I gave her some motrin and held her in my lap in the rocking chair. I pulled her shirt up to help cool her down faster. That's when I noticed a red spot on her tummy. I sat there, rocking, staring at the spot. Then I pulled her shirt up further and saw another red spot. Hmmmm. High fever, red spots. Hmmmm. Then it clicked. I pulled her pants off and she had red spots all over her legs. Chicken Pox. Or, in Swedish, Vattkopor. And yes, Lilli's had the chicken pox vaccine. Tipton, too. I kept her in my bed that night, so that I could keep an eye on her. In the morning she woke up bright eyed and full of energy. No spots, no fever. Later that day she started running a fever again, but no more spots. No fever on Saturday. And today she's really cranky, but no fever. And still no more spots. Must have just been the 8 hour chicken pox.

No comments: