Monday, May 07, 2007

Tipton's Birthday Party

Tipton's birthday party was at The Little Gym on Saturday, the 28th. He wore his new pirate t-shirt. It's black and has a big white skull & cross bones on the front. He wore his pirate costume from halloween, and wore his new sword. (The t-shirt and sword were bought with the birthday money from Great-Grama!) Lilli also wore her pirate costume from halloween.

I made Tipton a birthday cake that looked like a pirate ship. Complete with sales and pirates and a treasure chest full of gold! I was SO impressed with myself - it's the first time I'd tried to make a cake like this. (You know, one that looks like something other than just a plain ol' cake.) It turned out really cool!

Aunt Jenni flew in just for Tipton's party. She made balloon swords and balloon animals for all the kids.

The party was great. All the kids had fun. (Although I am a little disappointed with the gym instructors. I'd never met them before. I don't think they have as much experience as the other instructors. They had trouble controlling the kids, and they lost their patience with them several times.

The party ended with the kids going on a hunt for a treasure chest. inside the chest were the party bags. I made the party bags. I cut black cloth into rectangles and sewed up the sides and sewed a place for a drawstring to go through. Then I put in the drawstring. The goodie bag contained: a small plastic treasure chest containing some candy and a toy, a compas ring, gold foil wrapped chocolate coins, Pirates of the Carribean fruit snacks, two balloons, a balloon rocket, an eyepatch, a foil wrapped chocolate car and a party blower. The kids loved them!

After the party the family and Aunt Jenni went to Pizza Hut for dinner. A rare treat to have "american" pizza. It was soooooooooo good! They just don't do pan pizza at the 'regular' swedish pizza places. Then we dropped Aunt Jenni at the train station. Tipton fell asleep on the way there. Lilli fell asleep on the way home. We put them both straight to bed (in fact, we didn't even put Tipton into his jammies!)

I think the party was a success.

No comments: