Sunday, February 04, 2007

5:46am Much Too Early to be the Weekend

I don't remember torturing my Mom as a child. I don't remember waking up before the chickens to go into her room and say, over and over again until she gets up "Mommy, I can't sleep any longer!" Dave got up early but my MIL has assured me that he did not wake them up - he learned how to get his own breakfast and entertain himself until a 'decent hour.' So why then do we have a son who wakes us, every day, before 6:00am? Why is it that my almost-five-year-old wakes me up at least an hour or two before my toddler? He is exhausted when he goes to bed at night, around 7:30. We cannot keep him up any longer - he falls asleep on the floor if we try. I welcome any and all suggestions. During the week it's not so bad (who needs an alarm clock?) But it is much too early to be awake on a weekend.

Some exciting things have happened recently.
1. I think I mentioned that Dave bought a car. It's a very cute little car, I got to drive it on Friday. It is much more fun to drive than the Volvo V70. That's what I am driving.
2. Our leased car has finally arrived! We forgot to order it with the latch system, though. So it's a pain to get Lilli seat in and out. If we could fit the stroller into Dave's little Micra, I'd be driving that instead of the Volvo.
3. I have finished two curtains for the front living room windows. Just two more to go and that section of windows will be covered! Then I will finish the last curtain for our room. Then I'll need to go out and buy some fabric to make curtains for the kitchen windows - I'll do that when my Mom gets here.
4. My Mom is coming!!! She arrives on Wednesday! I am so excited - I don't know who is more excited - me or Mom. She's bringing two suitcases. One with her clothes, etc and one with stuff from "home" for us!
5. Did lots of baking/cooking on Friday. Tipton and I made two types of cookies. He also helped me make flour tortillas to go with the brisket and beans that I had cooking in the crockpot. He got to roll out the tortillas.
6. I have been making more friends. The parents of Tipton's classmates and the parents of the kids at Little Gym. In fact, they are going to make an english speaking class for Lilli's age group because there are so many of us 'english speakers.'

Tipton is standing next to me, talking. Talking non-stop. He has been pretty much since he woke up - talk, talk, talk. He told me that the #7 stacking cup is gone. I told him that it was in Lilli's room. He then started arguing with me that it is not, it's just gone. I caught myself and said "Are you arguing with me just to argue, just to hear yourself talk?" And he said "Yes." It is much, much to early to be awake, especially on a weekend.

No comments: